Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Obsession with pulled pork

Actually, I can't remember how my obsession with pulled pork started. I believe it may have been whilst watching TopChef Masters. If you haven't seen any episodes, I seriously recommend it. It is addictive.

Anyways, I'd been searching for a great recipe. At last the last one I tried from the Food Network was to may specifics. Though it did turn out a little watery. Never mind that. I tweaked it the next time I made it and finally I have it quite down pat.

So here is the original recipe http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/barbecue-pulled-pork.html

I followed the slow cooker version, only I marinated the meat in the fridge using the whole marinade instead of halving it.



Pork in its juicy marinade

Finished product in the slow cooker. Too watery (for me anyways)

Fish out the meat onto a separate plate

Transfer the liquid into a saucepan and bring to boil
Simmer for about 40mins or so till the liquid has reduced 

Add the reserved pork and stir, stir, stir!


The meat will break and you will be left with some serious pulled pork goodness!

I usually serve with coleslaw and cornbread. Or sweet potato chips.

Enjoy! Nom. Nom. Nom!

No comments:

Post a Comment