Monday, February 16, 2015

Assisting independence

I don't know about you but my toddler is at a stage where he is wanting to "do myself", or when I go to help without asking, well mayhem ensues. And that is an extreme understatement.

Other times, it takes forever to do anything! From putting on shoes, convincing him to change into clean clothes etc...

Sometimes I'm not too good in keeping routine everyday. Which is strange as my job is all about keeping routine. So I went searching... on Pinterest that is. I found some great routine/chore charts for children, a little older than my mister but nonetheless great.

One stood out in particular from http://www.mynameissnickerdoodle.com/2012/09/chore-chart-tutorial.html

I adapted it to my mister's routine. Well shall I say things I'd like him to do in the near future without me asking (!)

And here it is...
I went old school ruling, cutting, pasting and I couldn't find stick on magnet things which did drive me a little nuts....



Here it is in all it's glory - with the unsightly blu-tack!


As the mister completes his routine, he can close each flap. Once the row is closed, he can receive a reward!

No comments:

Post a Comment